Work Trade with Passion Yoga School
A 3 month commitment for a Seva Warrior to live with and serve the indigenous BriBri people of Costa Rica
with Life & Culture Adventours
The project Skinny
In 2016, Passion Yoga School + ASODITA (the local BriBri leadership board) + The BarnRaisers + The Village Experience + Life & Culture Talamanca + Costa Rican Goverment collaborated to construct a beautiful building to serve as a Cin Cinae (pre-school / maternity health center) for the people of Durupe. Children must live in the area and be between the ages of 3-5 to qualify for the program.
The project was 100% the brain child of ASODITA + BriBri Leadership, and Passion stepped in as the logistical + fundraising partner and bridge. The center is now OPEN, and we are excited about providing an ongoing volunteer to oversee the daily operations of the project.
- Intermediate Spanish+
- Experience working with Children
- The ability to work with a little guidance and NO daily supervision
- A burning desire to be of service - even in tropical down pour, way too many bugs, difficult cultural barriers, and other unforeseeable but likely challenging obstacles
We currently need volunteers for the following:
- January - March 2018
- April - June 2018
- July - September 2018
- October - December 2018
- Your volunteer contract will be with our ground partner and community liaison Life & Culture Adventours - not with Passion Yoga School
- Passion Yoga School's job is to provide loving support, guidance, and an incentive for the volunteer post. However, your primary contract will be directly with our Costa Rican Partner (who is much more capable than we are ! Leave the community development to the community experts !)
What you give
- 3 months of your life in devotional service to the children of Durupe in the BriBri Territory of Costa Rica
- Offering day care and educational activities rooted in preserving the culture. Work alongside local elders to create opportunities for growth for the children.
- Be present at the center Monday - Friday from 8am - 2pm
What you Receive
- A once in a life time opportunity to live and work among an indigenous tribe
- Housing on site for the duration of your stay
- A stipend for meals for the duration of your stay
- Passion Yoga School mentorship, support, and guidance before - during - after your commitment
- Upon successful completion of the 3 month commitment - you will also be granted a full scholarship to either a Passion Yoga School 200 Hr Teacher Training, Pre-Natal Yoga Teacher Training, India Pilgrimage Retreat, or Silent Seva Retreat. You choose which program, and this includes a full scholarship to the program only. Flights, travel insurance, etc are your responsibility.
Email your Resume + Cover Letter to Ivanna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WARNING: This is for bad ass warriors of light ONLY
You will be working with and alongside the people of Durupe. Access to electricity, running water, and internet are luxuries and should be honored as such when available. Accommodations are extremely rustic. It is an authentic cultural immersion in the heart of the jungle, and only those seeking to be deeply humbled need apply. You will be hanging out with a couple dozen 3-5 year olds. This is a BIG commitment!