Passion Yoga School Presents:
60 Hr Trauma Informed Yoga Teacher Training with
A professional training creating leaders in social justice
October 27 - November 4, 2018
Discover how trauma impacts the brain, communication, and movement; how releasing its hold on the nervous system and body is possible - and how to uncover freedom from the emotional patterning it creates in our lives
if you are serious about joining us, we highly recommend you watch this video in its entirety as soon as possible.
Passion Yoga School and BodyWise Institute have united to co-create an evidence and inquiry based 60 hr training eligible for 60 Continued Education Credits with the Yoga Alliance.
Through lecture, self-inquiry, group discussion, practice teaching, and the latest advances in neurobiology we will investigate trauma theories, trauma informed yoga, and body based healing.
After completion of this training you will feel elevated to offer trauma informed yoga classes to a variety of populations.
NOTE: Passion Yoga School is a Continued Education Provider, and this course counts as 60 hours towards continued education. You will be a Certified Trauma Informed Yoga Teacher through Passion Yoga School + BodyWise Institute.
As a student in this professional training you wilL:
- Explore recent advances in neurobiology of trauma. Discover how trauma-informed yoga can be a body-based tool for those healing through trauma.
- Participate in sacred ceremony in the womb of the jungle to find more stillness and inspiration in your own heart. With daily yoga practice, local organic meals, simple yogic living, and presence with spiritual family - you will experience a profound detox of body, mind, and soul. Deepen your own practice as an important process in being a more effective teacher, leader, and informed trauma facilitator.
- Gain a deeper understanding of what trauma is and the impact it holds physically, emotionally and spiritually. Most specifically, you will learn how trauma shifts the way we process information, how symptoms manifest in the layers of being, and how trauma affects sensorimotor processing.
- Understand the layers of being (physical, energetic, mental / emotional, intuitive, and bliss bodies) and how to support the balance of the system through holistic space holding. Deepen your understanding of how asana, pranayama, meditation and lifestyle can be used as tools for transformation and a deeper sense of well being.
- Learn how trauma affects children’s proprioception, interception, brain development, emotional regulation, and cognition. Through exploration of A. C. E. (Adverse Childhood Experiences), complex trauma, and developmental trauma theories you will be able to articulate the range of adaptation to trauma in early life.
- Learn tools and tangible techniques to support system regulation, body awareness, and non-violent communication.
- Through the practicum process, you will feel empowered to offer trauma informed yoga classes with individuals and small groups. You will have tools to weave into your yoga classes to create a safer, more loving space for your students to heal.
- Connect with a community of conscious entrepreneurs and yogis doing powerful work out in the world. Collaborate with souls who understand that sacred service through yoga is a socio-political movement - transforming the way people relate to themselves, their families, and ultimately - out in the world.
Please note: THIS IS NOT A THERAPEUTIC INTENSIVE.
Whilst we hold space for interpersonal transformation, this is professional training.
WHO THIS IS FOR
This is best suited for Yoga teachers who have completed a minimum of 200 hr YTT, with intellectual curiosity regarding the trauma theory. Therapists, clinicians, and trauma workers who have a strong yoga practice will be considered individually. (Contact us for details if you have not completed a 200 hr YTT on if you are eligible to participate.)
This is the program for you if:
- You’re ready to expand your capacity to be of service.
- You are looking to be a part of a global network of yogis and conscious social justice advocates educating the public on the teachings of yoga as a modality for peace.
- You are looking for professional training that will support you in deepening your own practice as well as meaningfully supporting others.
- You live to howl at moon, play in the rain, count howler monkeys in trees, and find deeper union with nature - we are waiting for you.
The total cost of this all inclusive program is $2500. This includes lodging in a shared room, 3 fresh vegetarian meals a day, 60 Hr Trauma Informed Yoga Teacher Training Certification Course, shuttle to / from the farm from Puerto Viejo town, beach shuttle for your afternoon free, taxes and fees (airfare and transportation to Puerto Viejo not included).
Note that Finca Armoninia is a growing permaculture project, and your accommodations contain compost toilets. You can expect to sacrifice some first world comforts for the sake of honoring mother Earth and harmonizing with the wild rhythm of the tropical rain forest you will call home. If you are not a 'nature person' or are not turned on by the idea of mud in your toes, warm rain on your skin, or wild jungle noises as you gaze up at the stars - this is NOT the program for you.
A non-refundable 30% deposit ($750 USD) holds your place in the program, and the remaining is due 60 days before the program start date. All payment is processed via credit or debit card on our secure online server. You will receive secure, automated reminders for payment with easy to use links to process your card.
NOTE: We have experienced unprecedented demand for this program, and it will sell out soon. We only accept 24 students into our live programs, and now is the time to register if you are serious about joining this unique professional training intensive.
MEET YOUR GUIDES
Ceo Passion Yoga School + Founder of Shakti Seva Inc
BodyWise Foundation Founder + BodyWise Institute Executive Director
Still Have Questions? More Answers Here
Is this a Yoga Alliance registered program?
Yes. Passion Yoga School is a Registered Yoga School (RYS) for the 200 Hour, 300 Hour, and 85 Hour Pre-Natal levels. We are also Continued Education Providers, and this course counts as 60 hours towards continued education. You will be a Certified Trauma Informed Yoga Teacher through Passion Yoga School + BodyWise Institute.
What is the general schedule?
Please see the specific program page for details on the schedule. You should plan to be fully available for the duration of the course.
Who typically comes to your programs?
We welcome all shapes, sizes, races, sexes, genders, religions, and orientations to our programs. That being said, many of our students are women from the ages of 20 - 35 who are deeply called to step more fully into themselves and expand their professional capacity as a social leader. We have formed a strong sisterhood, and we welcome brothers into our spiritual family with open arms.
How do I get to you? Where exactly are you located?
We’re located on the Southern Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica in a small town called Puerto Viejo de Talamanca. The best way to get to us is to fly into Juan Santamaria Airport (SJO) and take a shuttle to your accommodation reserved for the training. We recommend booking Caribe Shuttle for your transportation. Be sure to check their departure schedules before you book your flight. Their shuttles leave Denny’s Restaurant twice a day, which is about 5 minutes away from the airport by taxi.
Can I bring my children?
We are unable to host children at Finca Armonia due to the all inclusive, intensive format.
Where should I stay during, before or after the program?
When you register, you receive a Welcome Packet with tons of great, budget-specific information on where to stay both in San Jose or Puerto Viejo before or after your intensive program.
What can I expect in terms of weather?
We are blessed to live in complete harmony with nature and experience ALL of her wild cycles (possibly in one day) here in the Caribbean. You can expect to be blessed by the radiant Caribbean sun and the intense Caribbean rain that beats down on the jungle canopy. Honoring Mother Nature in all her forms is an integral part of our practice here at Passion Yoga School.
What should I bring with me?
Once you place your deposit, you will receive a detailed list of items to bring that are required for the course. Two weeks before the course begins, you will receive a packing list and helpful travel information about your upcoming trip.
What about internet access?
WiFi will be available based on energetic ability from the sustainable energy system at the center. Expect to be disconnected from the internet most of the time, and connected with your spiritual family and the nature that surrounds you. If you NEED WiFi to keep in touch with work, etc. – it is better to find a different program. Our program is about unplugging so you really nourish yourself in a meaningful way.
What are the expectations around daily discipline?
The boundaries and expectations for our programs will be outlined on the first day of class. They include a vegetarian diet, abstinence, periods of silence, and more. We call our programs intensives for a reason. We go deep. Be ready to show up for yourself and your practice every day to fully experience everything the program has to offer.
How much experience in yoga should I have before doing the course?
We ask that all students come with at least a year of practice. Our tradition is unique and we will focus on providing pristine education and building a powerful foundation that incorporates asana, pranayama, mantra, meditation, sequencing techniques, and more.
We further recommend that you practice asana and begin a meditation routine a month before the training. This will assure that you’re fully in your practice and will allow you to reap the benefits of daily sadhana (spiritual practice).
How can I prepare for the training?
We recommend that a month before the program begins, you commit to a daily asana practice of at least 1 hour, and a 20-minute meditation practice. This is not essential, but this routine will allow you to gain the most out of our intensives. You can also take Adi Shakti’s 7 Days to Bliss eRetreat, and you will get immediate access to this once you register. It will allow you to practice the Akhanda Shakti style, listen in on lectures, and practice a plant-based diet (if you don’t already!).
How does payment work?
To reserve your space in one of our personal transformation intensives, we ask that you make a deposit of 30% of the total price by following the payment link. We accept payment by debit card or credit card. The final payment for the training is due 60 days before the program start date, and you will receive an automated reminder email with a link to submit payment. If you would prefer smaller installments, please email us and we can easily find a solution that serves you.
What style of yoga do you teach?
In-depth information on our style and method can be found here.
Do you offer scholarships? What about work exchange?
We have a few early bird scholarships that have VERY limited availability. More information about our scholarship opportunities for upcoming programs can be found by emailing email@example.com. We don’t currently accept work exchange for our personal transformation intensives.
What do I need to bring?
A list of essential items will be sent to your inbox via email once you place your 30% deposit.
What is the cancellation/refund policy?
All deposits are non-refundable. However, they are transferable, so if for whatever reason you place your deposit and can’t join us, you can give your spot to someone else. All deposits are valid through the next calendar year, so you may apply your payment to a future program that fits a change in your schedule.
How do I know if this isn’t the program for me?
If you aren’t ready to dive into the depths of your soul, discover places where you feel uncomfortable, and release the layers of yourself that cause you suffering – this isn’t the program for you. We live in the jungle where the energy of Mother Nature is strong. It’s humid – the air is thick here. There are truly huge bugs. Rain will wet your hair, with your feet trudging in mud. Simply put, this isn’t the program for you if you aren’t ready to commit to your growth 1000%.
How do I know if this is the program for me?
This is the program for you if you’re ready to expand your capacity to be of service. If you are looking to be a part of a global network of yogis and conscious social justice advocates educating the public on the teachings of yoga as a modality for peace. If you are looking for professional training that will support you in deepening your own practice as well as meaningfully supporting others. If you like to howl at moon, play in the rain, count howler monkeys in trees, and find deeper union with nature - we are waiting for you.