Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | RSS
Tina Shomburg is simple on the surface. She tones down her natural beauty with light touches of makeup, quiet clothing and uses a gentle voice when speaking. But do not be deceived, inside of her an entire universe is under constant expansion where worlds collide and explode only to be born anew. Her energy is all driven inward where she cultivates and harvests life force to fulfill her vision during a second chance at life. Nearly five years ago, at the age of 21, Tina was diagnosed with cancer. A crazy lifestyle with 60 hour work weeks, fueled by horrid nutrition and a professional thrust for achievements, led to her collapse. Tina lived a life of unbalanced eating, stress filled routines with a complete disconnection from family, friends and nature. Tina shares her story of approaching dis-ease from a “different” perspective. Today, at 25, her cancer is in full remission, she runs a successful software development firm, she spearheads two health awareness movements, she has reconnected with her family and has deep rooted personal relationships…and…she has gotten back in touch with nature. In Tina’s own words, “After I was diagnosed with cancer, I felt that there was a huge lack of education! No one taught me what causes cancer, what to eat and drink to strengthen my immune system, or how to alleviate the side effects of chemotherapy. I had to meducate (to become educated about medicine) myself! I learned how to take charge of my own health and that was a very powerful feeling within a normally helpless situation.” Two years of holistic cleansing, radical changes in habits including quitting cold turkey cigarettes and alcohol and six months of chemotherapy to overcome cancer prepared Tina to help others. Through Meducated.org and live group events, she empowers young adults with cancer to explore the journey of self discovery this experience can offer. It is her personal belief, “nobody has to be a victim.” She also believes the system which immediately pops up around you when first diagnosed gives you no time to think and ask questions. Tina advocates for discovering the true root causes for cancer in a person’s life. The conditioning of school and work deny our ability to play and reach our inner child. Taking time to organize your life and prioritize what is most import for living happy is a key part of healing in her opinion. Building your own network of people in your life who are there to support you emotionally, mentally and physically is critical according to Tina. The process of healing can become much like a war and the fun of living through the healing process is lost. Tina now sees the importance of reclaiming fun as part of healing, she aims to help others be able to do the same in their own process. Tina Shomburg transformed her life from seeking worldly accolades to manifesting her true dreams through a journey with cancer. Listen in as she tells us how she gets it all done today with a joyous smile and passionate laughter.
Here’s What Else You Will Get From Tina's Interview:
- How to build a successful business while having balance in your life.
- What fun really means and how it directs choices for pleasure and relaxation.
- The benefits of transitioning from aggressive life pursuits to dream building.
- How to overcome past hurts from family and friends.
- Why a negative view of cancer slows down healing.
- Cancer as a wakeup call.
- The Green juice ingredients used in Tina’s detox.
- Learning the difference between a detox and a lifestyle.
- How to really take it easy on yourself and learn from mistakes.
- Setting boundaries, saying no, and knowing you made the right choice.
- The powerful business lesson of being in the “same place a different space.
- ”How to enjoy life while regaining your health.
- The power of whole food nourishment in a natural healing method.
- The key ingredient of health success in social settings.
- Her secrets to cultivating the environments which serve you best.
- Why a network of people who can support you and your health choices is important.
- How to break beyond the shame of reaching out and asking for help.
- And much, much more…
Books, Links, Movies and Other Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
The Ringing Cedars of Russia
Eat Pray Love
The Big Magic
Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
Forks Over Knives